Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank you Goodwill!

What a relief to finally have purchased my luggage! Now I can visualize exactly what I have to work with.

So...How did Mary Poppins do it?

--

I've already gotten a couple messages from those who are departing for Morocco in September. How exciting, I can't wait to meet all of you. Please, if you're reading this, and you're leaving in September, or if you are already serving in Morocco, give me a heads up!

--

Now, off to my art exhibit reception. Time is just flying by!

6 comments:

Janis said...

When I went to Japan, I was able to send some boxes ahead of time by sea mail. This was mostly for bulky winter stuff, which I imagine won't be a problem in Morocco, but it might be good if you have anything extra.

Lisa said...

janis-

I think I will likely have some things sent to me. It is my understanding that we cannot receive packages while we are in training (first 3 months), so I will have to put aside things that can wait until then.

Also, it is surprising to find that Morocco can get quite cold in the winter, particularly in the Atlas Mountains!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I am so excited for you. This will be an incredible physical, spiritual, emotional journey for you. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your travels. God's Blessings!

I'm also sorry I couldn't make it to your show. I bet you rocked!

-Betsy

Boo Woo said...

Hi Lisa! I'm not in the PC, but I'm a friend of Laura's and she shared your blog with me. I'm looking forward to some interesting reading. :)

Emily and Jon said...

Lisa,

Definitely link us!

Nice photos by the way...very jealous! What camera do you use? I'm not into photography that much, but I can appreciate good composition!

See you in Philly!

Jon

Lisa said...

Jon-
I'm using either my Kodak Easyshare or my Pentax K200d. Interestingly enough, even though I'm a trained artist and painter, I'm completely self-taught when it comes to photography.

I look forward to meeting you in Philadelphia here in two weeks!